Content Aggregator for Products (CAP) / Subscribing to a CAP data feed
How to setup a your CAP subscription
Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 4:50 PM
* A pre-requisite to receiving a CAP feed is having an FTP with at least 17 GB of space – or a SFTP if you are planning to receive content.
Subscription setup steps:
1. Log into your CAP account
2. Go to Edit My Profile and fill out the Delivery section with the FTP/SFTP details for your delivery. There is only one FTP per account; so if you need content delivered to multiple FTPs you will need to request several accounts.
3. Test your FTP connection – if the Connection Status icon is green, you can proceed to the next steps. If not, please re-check the information entered4. Go to My Subscriptions and select Create New Subscription5. Region/Country Language selection:
a. Select the required region. Once the region is added, the Countries/Languages will be populated
b. Please note: There is a limit at 10 locales/subscription. For more than 10 locales you will need to create additional subscriptions
6. Preferences and output:
7. Reports you can obtain with the CAP subscription:
- Changed Products - SKU numbers for products that have had content changed from one delivery to another
- Product Hierarchy - hierarchy for products in the subscription
- Data Dictionary – features all containers and definitions for marketing messaging and technical specifications you will receive by selecting the “Core product content” option
- Obsolete Report - SKU numbers for products that have gone obsolete from one delivery to another
- Compatibility Report - compatibilities for SKUs in your subscription (less detailed information than you will receive through the “Compatibility” option)
- Deleted Report – mandatory processing; features products for which the lifecycle has changed from “released” to “unreleased” from one delivery to another
- Top-Value Report – features top value SKUs
Did you find it helpful?Send feedbackSorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.